Sunday, May 1, 2016

Reflections from MASL 2016

I added a new name to my list of super hero librarians. Jennifer LaGarde (aka Library Girl)!! I attended all three of her sessions at MASL last week and I couldn’t have spent my time in a better way. Here are my takeaways from Library Girl.

  1. #macgyverlibrarianship. This is a place for librarians to share their MacGyver hacks! What’s a MacGyver library hack? Making a change in your space with little to no money! Search the hashtag on Twitter and you will find lots of amazing ideas. Here’s our most recent project. More to come soon!
  2. Harness students’ use of technology to connect with them and cultivate a love of   reading. Check out #2jennsbookclub, #yearofya, #nerdybookclub and     #30secondbooktalk. 
  3. I learned how to survive the Zombie Librarian Apocalypse! Be a Zombie Fighter! How? Defy expectations, put kids first and advocate for them, embrace change, keep learning, connect with others and Share Shamelessly!


If you don’t know Jennifer LaGarde (aka Library Girl), you should! http://www.librarygirl.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment